Edubuntu is great !!

I need to create a slideshow or a demo on how I did the installation, I've seen a couple examples on the web. I figure they are using something like VMware inside a previously installed OS where Camtasia can be run and grab the screenshots. I cannot see how else they would be able to grab the screenshots from the installation process. Something I like about this whole thing is that I'm learning new stuff and it's fun. I listen to Batanga all the time, however under Linux there is no Windows Media Player. There are some other options out there but I need to learn a couple more things to make things actually work. The thing is for now I cannot listen to music on the Edubuntu box but I see that as a challenge, I'll be posting information about some of the roadblocks I find with Linux. Some of the things I take for granted under Window$ are not as easy to setup ( for the moment) in Linux. I want to play poker also but the pokerroom.com website requires Java, guess what, for some reason that is not working either. I think that my first step in this whole trip is to actually start reading the documentation ;) . https://help.ubuntu.com/6.10/pdf/ubuntu/C/desktopguide.pdf main site: https://help.ubuntu.com/

No comments: