Linux is costing me $25.35 for now

I know it's been quite a long time since I don't write anything. Between preparing for my kids birthday party, cancelling due to snow and then resetting the house for a second birthday party we haven't had much time to sit in front of the computer. That and the fact that I didn't have a monitor for the Linux PC because I returned the monitor to my parents to build the second Edubuntu box. Well I finally got a monitor from Craigslist.com for $25 bucks. So far the whole computer has cost me, well $25 bucks. I got the PC from work when they were getting rid of a few PIII, the keyboard and mouse I got from my own scrap box, where I keep everything computer related, from tiny screws to Hard drives, CDROMS and even a DVD Writer. The initial network connection was, again, borrowed from my parents ;) . It was a Linksys External USB wireless adapter, now that I have returned all that I ran a cable from the main router in the house to the Linux box ( about 15 feet away). The best part of all, the software cost me about 35 cents. I'm just taking into consideration the cost of the CD where I burned the Edubuntu Image. Not bad, really not bad for a system that is great to play and work with. I have decided to reinstall Edubuntu from scratch on the same box, this time I'll pay more attention to all steps and probably write about the whole thing. The first time was a great exploring experience, but this time I'd really like to know what goes on as part of the installation. With some luck I'll be doing the third installation tonight.

No comments: