Two steps in the right direction

For a long time I've been trying to read more books in English other than those that have programming code or a technical subject. I remember reading quite a few books when I was in School in my junior and senior year back in Bolivia. Colegio San Agustin Por Siempre!! I remember enjoying reading those books, most of them were from Bolivian writers as well as some from Gabriel Garcia Marquez and Mario Vargas Llosa . By the time my nephew left after the Xmas holidays I decided to start reading more, I didn't know where to start so I thought that trying to pick up a book that I always wanted to read but never had the chance was a good idea. So I grabed myself a copy of 1984 ( George Orwell) and started reading it and so far I find it quite interesting, if anything reading fiction is waking up my imagination and my passion for the written word. Then a couple days ago I read "Chasing the Rainbow of a Thousand Books" from the WashingtonPost, I have to say that the article inspired me and at the same time brought memories from those years in high school. That same day I went my son to the library to pick up "The Cat in the Hat", Bob the Builder(DVD) and "One hundred years of Solitude" (Gabriel Garcia Marquez) . I now find myself going to bed reading either 1984 or 100 years. Is something that didn't happen for a looooong time but now that I started I don't plan to stop after these two books.

No comments: