I'm officially running Ubuntu 7.10

Having seen what Edubuntu can do on my kids computer and having experienced too many blue screens lately on my trusty but old laptop ( we got in 2001) I decided to wipe out Windows from the laptop and install Ubuntu. The whole thing took me less than 30 minutes and I was up and running with no problems. I know there are certain things that I still have to figure out, like downloading codecs to watch and listen to music. All in time I guess, now it's not a matter of having time to do it. I just forced myself to work with Ubuntu and find solutions to my little pet peeves. This will be definetely a great learning experience. I just now have to find a way to create a developer's box on the laptop. Shouldn't be too difficult I guess considering that I'm using Apache, MySQL and PHP for my latest projects. çB^]\..

No comments: