Useful XML beautifier for ColdSpring and ModelGlue files

I'm following Dan Wilson's 8th entry on ModelGlue and after a while I noticed that some of my files, specially the ColdSpring.xml and ModelGlue.xml under the config folder were getting really big and ugly. I don't spend too much time trying to line up everything on the XML files, right now I'm trying to get through the series and start building my own small application. Anyhow, I saw that the XML files were getting messy, a little time on the Internet produced this great resource xml lint online converter. Simply navigate to the page, click on the Browse button, find the Coldspring or ModelGlue files that you are trying to beautify and voila!! You get a nicely formatted XML file for the viewing pleasure of human eyes. On the resulting page you can view the source and then copy/paste the whole thing back to your ColdSpring or ModelGlue files. As usual, BACKUP your files before doing this!! Even better put the files in favorite flavor of source control CVS/SVN and then try to make them pretty. çB^]\..

No comments: